Added: Jun 20, 2011 3:16 pm
Modified: Aug 23, 2011 5:22 pmTrack Changes
****THIS PROPOSED ACQUISITION HAS BEEN EXTENDED****
***THIS PROPOSED ACQUISITION IS NOW CLASSIFIED AS A SOLICITATION***
***Changes to Presolicitation Notice**
The following statement under Special Requirements/Concerns, "This building is on a historic building and is subject to State Historic Preservation Office SHPO oversight. Buildings 858, 828, and 829 are all considered historic buildings," is now deleted from the project description of this presolicitation notice. These projects are no longer bound by that statement.
Presolicitation Notice: FA8601-11-R-0109
The Sources Sought notice is published under Project 09003415 posted on 10 May 2011.
This notice is posted in accordance with FAR 5.2 and 36.213-2.
This RESTRICTED ACQUISITION is set aside - Small Business. In order to qualify for this program, an offeror must be a Small Business concern for the below-cited NAICS code.
The NAICS code is 238220 and the Size Standard is $14M.
In accordance with FAR 4.1102 and DFARS 252.204-7004 "Required Central Contractor Registration," Contractor must be registered in CCR prior to award. Registration may be accomplished at http://www.ccr.gov.
SOLICITATION NUMBER: FA8601-11-R-0109
This effort includes three projects (one base CLIN with 2 Options) to be performed at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH: 1) Project Number ZHTV09003415 to Reconfigure Chilled Water includes upgrades to the chilled water distribution system throughout the National Air and Space Intelligence Center Complex, including but not limited to replacing pumps, valves, controls, piping and an enclosure on the roof of Building 829 to house the 20" header, air separator and expansion tanks; 2) Project Number ZHTV110025 (Option I) Install Chiller Number 5 in Building 829 including a new cooling tower, condensing and chilled water piping, valves, direct digital controls, and pump; and 3) Project Number ZHTV110026 (Option II) Replace 3, 60 ton chillers in the penthouse in Building 828, including 3 new pumps, associated piping, valves, and direct digital controls.
Special Requirements/Concerns: This project impacts an absolutely critical AF mission in support of war fighters. The schedule must be closely coordinated as intelligence production and analyses will be impaired by any disruption due to lack of cooling, heating, and ventilation in this essentially windowless facility. This project requires a contractor familiar with working in a secure building. NASIC requires that contractors are U.S. citizens. The contractor should have flexibility with their work plan and be able to forecast their work. A 48-hour notice is required for access. An escort is required for all work in the NASIC Complex. The contractor will need proper manpower in all relevant disciplines to work continuously in one work area and finish the work before moving on to the next area. Furthermore, in order to reduce the impact to NASIC's mission, only part of the work area will be vacated at a time. The contractor will be required to maintain meticulously kept work sites and material and debris delivery routes through the building. This project is on a historic building and is subject to State Historic Preservation Office SHPO oversight. Buildings 858, 828, and 829 are all considered historic buildings. The project ZHTV110025 (Base Bid #2 & Option I) is also subject to a statutory limitation of $750K.
The Air Force intends to award a contract with a 434 day period of performance (Base + both Options).
The estimated magnitude of the entire contract is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
1. The solicitation with the official specifications and drawings will be available on the World Wide Web on or about 21 July 2011, at http://www.fbo.gov. The date for receipt of proposals is 22 August 2011. The period of performance for the Base CLIN + both Options is 434 days.
2. Hard copies of the solicitation will not be provided. You may, however, download and print the file from the web site www.fbo.gov.
3. There is no fee for this solicitation.
4. A registration page will be attached to the web site. You are not required to register. However, when you register, you will receive notice of any amendments and/or addenda that may be issued to the solicitation. If you have not registered, it will be your responsibility to check the web site for any changes to the solicitation.
5. You shall provide a signed copy of the SF 1442 and acknowledge and/or sign all amendments at the time and place specified in the solicitation for receipt of proposals. There will not be a public opening. Sealed envelopes containing proposals shall be marked to show the offeror's name and address, the solicitation number, and the date and time proposals are due.
6. Contractors shall be capable of securing bonding for the total proposed amount (base plus options). However, contractors shall only be responsible for providing bonding for the base amount plus the amount of any and all options exercised at the time of award. If an option is exercised after award, contractors shall be responsible for securing the additional bonding equal to the amount of the option.
7. Contractors that are Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment are excluded from receiving contracts. Agencies also shall not consent to subcontract with these contractors.
This is a WPAFB Construction Contracting (PKOC) program. The current status is Pre-Solicitation and it is a Category Z - Maintenance, repair, and alteration of real property program.