Added: Oct 22, 2010 9:10 am
This is a Sources Sought Notice only. It seeks information from small business sources that can provide fuel services at Government-owned, Contractor operated (GOCO) facilities, to include alongside aircraft refueling, bulk storage and distribution, ground fuel delivery, cryogenics operations to include operation and maintenance of Mobile Nitrogen Gas Generators, service station operations, and fuel laboratory operations within the NB Fallon, Nevada. The contractor shall provide all necessary management, supervision, personnel, labor, materials, parts, general and specialized equipment to maintain and operate Government (Navy) owned fuel and cryogenics facilities and equipment at NAB Fallon, NV. Contractor furnished refueling vehicles, tools and specialized equipment are required. The estimated base performance period is October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2016, with one (1) five year option period from October 1, 2016 through October 1, 2021. No solicitation is being issued at this time. For reference purposes, the solicitation, when issued, will be numbered SP0600-11-R-0506. The amount of information available for publication at this time is limited. This notice is also issued for the purpose of market research in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy, Domestic Storage and Services Division, Bulk Petroleum Business Unit-BXB seeks potential small business sources to perform non-personal services to operate and maintain government fixed fuel and cryogenics facilities, aviation aircraft fuel services, cryogenics storage and distribution operations, and ground vehicle fuel services at Naval Air Station Fallon, NV (NASF).
The Government will award a firm, fixed price contract for a five-year multiyear period, beginning on or about October 1, 2011. Contracts awarded are subject to FAR 52.222-41, Service Contract Act of 1965, to include Collective Bargaining Agreements.
The proposed solicitation is being considered as a set-aside under a small business set-aside program. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is 484220, and the size standard is $25.5 million. The Government is interested in the following small business categories to respond to the this notice: Small Businesses, 8(a) Businesses, Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Businesses, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs).
Responses are limited to not more than 5 pages. The Government will use this information, in addition to other information obtained, to determine its small business set-aside decision. Any information provided by industry to the Government as a result of this notice is voluntary. The Government will not pay for any information submitted in response to this notice. All responses to this notice are to be submitted by 1500 hours EDT on October 29, 2010. Only responses submitted via E-mail will be considered. Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested companies should respond to the following:
1. Provide a company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history (last 3 years), office location(s), DUNS/CAGE Code number, and a statement regarding current business status. Please note that registration in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) is required for DLA Energy contractors.
2. Capability of providing qualified and experienced personnel, with appropriate clearances, if required.
3. Past Performance. Do you have past performance as a prime contractor or subcontractor on a service contract for similar fuels management requirements? If so, please provide the following information: Contract number, Name of Government Agency or Commercial Entity, Period of Performance, Dollar Value, Type of Contract (Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, etc.), and an explanation of services provided as they relate to GOCO fuels management. If your firm acted as a subcontractor or joint venture, name the prime contractor or other party, the specific work performed and percentage.
Address any past performance problems, and resolutions taken.
4. Do you anticipate any type of teaming arrangement for this requirement? If yes, please address what kind of arrangement and what percentage of work, and type(s) of service would you perform.
5. Does your company have experience with Service Contract Act of 1965 covered contracts? Does your company have experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)? Please explain any experience your company has had interacting with labor unions.
6. Does your company have the financial capability and financial stability, and/or adequate lines of credit to sustain and support a five-year multiyear contract at one or more locations, in the event there are difficulties with invoice payments? Do you have an approved accounting system in place to adequately track expenditures? Please elaborate.
7. What realistic phase-in period would you require to commence performance with personnel, equipment, and materials?
Added: Dec 20, 2010 4:50 pm
The following is a synopsis. This solicitation is scheduled to be posted during the week of Jan 24, 2011 with a pre-proposal conference to be held during the week of Feb 7, 2011. Please continue to check this page on the Fedeal Business Opportunities website for the most recently updated information. The DLA Energy is seeking potential sources to provide Aircraft Refueling Services at Naval Air Station (NAS) Fallon, NV. Service is currently scheduled for a five-year based performance period from October 1, 2011 through Septembe 30, 2016 with a five-year option period from October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2021. Thes dates are subject to change. NAS Fallon and its outlying field are intermediate and advanced pilot training facility. In support of this mission, the Contractor shall be responsible for the alongside aircraft refueling, bulk storage anddistribution, ground fuel delivery, cryogenics operations to include operaton and maintenance of Mobile Nitrogen Gas Generators, service station operations, and fuel laboratory operations within the NAS Fallon, NV. The contractor shall provide all equipment to maintain and operate Government (Navy) owned fuel ad cryogenics facilities and equipment at NAS Fallon, NV. Contractor will provide new refueling vehicles, furnished tools, and specialized equipments.
Added: Jan 28, 2011 10:35 am
SOLICITATION: SP0600-11-R-0506 is hereby released. Closing for all offers is March 18, 2011 at 3:00PM Ft. Belvoir time. The pre-proposal conference will be held on February 23, 2011 at 9:00am. More information will follow in the amendment. Questions regarding for this solicitation, please contact Wing Wong via email only at email@example.com.
Added: Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am
The Pre-proposal Conference is rescheduled to be held on February 24, 2011 at 8:00am.